What is Interior Design?
Interior design is a profession that combines creativity, technical knowledge, and business skills. Interior designers work with clients and other design professionals to develop design solutions that are safe, functional, attractive, and meet the needs of the people using the space.
- Architectural and Interior designing Services
- Turnkey Project Management
- Drafting and Cost Estimation
- Execution and Project Management
Many factors come into play in formulating the design solution. There is the space itself–its dimensions and construction–with its potential and its limitations. There is how the space will be used–for work or leisure, entertainment or worship, healing or learning. There is the meaning of the space, what it signifies–be it power, authority, security, wisdom, achievement, playfulness or serenity. There are practical considerations, like ease of access, amount of light, acoustics, seating and places to store or set things down. There are health and safety considerations, attention to special needs and more.
The elements of design range from the visual (color, lighting, form) to the tactile (surface, shape, texture) to the auditory (noise, echo). The designer must have an aesthetic, practical and technical appreciation for these elements. He or she must understand how people use and respond to these elements, not just individually but as the elements interact with one another.
Designers must also be knowledgeable about the many types and characteristics of furnishings, accessories and ornaments used in creating interiors. Furniture, lighting, carpeting and floor covering, paint and wall covering, glass, wrought metal, fixtures, art and artifacts are just some of the many items and materials designers select from. In addition, they must be familiar with the various styles and history of styles of design, art and architecture.
INTERIOR DESIGNERS PROVIDE VARIOUS SERVICES INCLUDING:
- Consultation services to help determine project goals and objectives
- Generation of ideas for the functional and aesthetic possibilities of the space
- Creation of illustrations and renderings
- Development of documents and specifications relative to the interior spaces in compliance with building and safety codes
- Allocation, arrangement and organization of a space to suit its function
- Monitor and manage construction and installation of interior elements
- Selection of furnishings, fixtures, lighting, materials and colors
- Purchasing of products designing and managing fabrication of custom details, furnishings and lighting
50-B, 1st Floor, Sasi Arcade, Block-7,
Clifton Near Schon Circle. Karachi Pakistan
Tel: +92-21-35370569, +92-35308098, +92-300-2195489